This is a fun and easy Spanish inspired appetizer board to put together for your next holiday party, or for a last minute cocktail party.
We keep things simple with meats and cheeses, but we do add a little pizazz with camarones al ajillo (garlic shrimp) and sardines in extra virgin olive oil. Then we add some extras: crusty bread, Spanish olives and redskin Spanish peanuts.
Serve the delicious appetizers with Sangria for a perfect Spanish inspired party spread you and your guests will love. Enjoy!
Appetizer Board Ingredients
Camarones al Ajillo (click for ingredients and recipe)
3.75 ounce can Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil (two layer 12-22 Fish)
3-4 ounces Prosciutto, sliced
3-4 ounces Sweet Serrano Ham, sliced
3-4 ounces Chorizo, Spanish style dry cured sausage
3-4 ounces Salami, sliced
3-4 ounces Manchego Cheese, sliced
3-4 ounces Cheddar or other favorite type, sliced or cubed
1 cup Spanish Olives, pitted
1 cup Redskin Spanish Peanuts
1 loaf Crusty Bread, sliced thin
1 Large Bottle of Sangria, premade
Orange Slices, for the sangria
Lime Slices, for the sangria
14.5 ounces can Fruit Cocktail, no sugar added variety, drained, for the sangria
- Place the olives and peanuts in separate bowls.
- Place the sardines and the camarones al ajillo in shallow bowls.
- Arrange all of the items on a large board, leaving some space between them so they are easy to access.
- Add the sliced bread to a bread basket and place it nearby.
- Place the sliced oranges, limes and fruit cocktail in a large pitcher and add chilled sangria. Serve in wine glasses over ice.
- Remember to keep serving spoons, forks, toothpicks, serving plates and napkins by the appetizer board.
This Spanish Inspired Appetizer Board will serve about 8 people, for a cocktail hour.
Slice the cheeses and meat into individual servings. While that whole wedge or block of cheese and the salami log look lovely on the board for a picture, it’s much easier (and neater) for your guests if all the food is pre-sliced and ready to enjoy.