This is a fun and easy Spanish inspired appetizer board to put together for your next holiday party, or for a last minute cocktail party. We keep things simple with meats and cheeses, but we do add a little pizazz with camarones al ajillo (garlic shrimp) and sardines in extra virgin olive oil. Then we add some extras: crusty bread, Spanish olives and redskin Spanish peanuts. Serve the delicious appetizers with Sangria for a perfect Spanish inspired party spread you and your guests will love. Enjoy!
Appetizer Board Ingredients:
Camarones al Ajillo (click for ingredients and recipe)
3.75 oz. can Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil (two layer 12-22 Fish)
3-4 oz. Prosciutto, sliced
3-4 oz. Sweet Serrano Ham, sliced
3-4 oz. Chorizo, Spanish style dry cured sausage
3-4 oz. Salami, sliced
3-4 oz. Manchego Cheese, sliced
3-4 oz. Cheddar or other favorite type, sliced or cubed
1 cup Spanish Olives, pitted
1 cup Redskin Spanish Peanuts
1 loaf Crusty Bread, sliced thin
1 Large Bottle of Sangria, premade
Orange Slices, for the sangria
Lime Slices, for the sangria
14.5 oz. can Fruit Cocktail, no sugar added variety, drained, for the sangria
- Place the olives and peanuts in separate bowls.
- Place the sardines and the camarones al ajillo in shallow bowls.
- Arrange all of the items on a large board, leaving some space between them so they are easy to access.
- Add the sliced bread to a bread basket and place it nearby.
- Place the sliced oranges, limes and fruit cocktail in a large pitcher and add chilled sangria. Serve in wine glasses over ice.
- Remember to keep serving spoons, forks, toothpicks, serving plates and napkins by the appetizer board.
This Spanish Inspired Appetizer Board will serve about 8 people, for a cocktail hour.
Slice the cheeses and meat into individual servings. While that whole wedge or block of cheese and the salami log look lovely on the board for a picture, it’s much easier (and neater) for your guests if all the food is pre-sliced and ready to enjoy.