This dill dip recipe is quick and easy to make. This creamy dip is made with sour cream, cream cheese, and flavored with fresh dill, spices and a touch of honey.
Serve this creamy dill dip with chips and fresh veggies for a delicious appetizer that will be a big hit at your next party.
If you have some fresh dill left over, don’t let it go bad if the fridge. Use it to make these garlic dill potatoes. They’re super easy and delicious, perfect for weeknight dinner.
This site contains affiliate links to products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
To make this dill dip recipe you will need
16 ounces Sour Cream
8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Fresh Dill, chopped, plus a little for garnish if desired
2 teaspoons Honey
½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon Salt, plus a pinch or two if needed
Pinch or two of Black Pepper
Dash Cayenne Pepper, optional – leave it out if you don’t like spicy
Here are some great ideas for Dippers
Chips of course, my favorite!
Grape or cherry tomatoes
Cucumber, sliced rounds or spears
This is an add-and-stir kind of recipe. There’s no cooking involved, which is great when you have a ton of other party preparations to get to.
Plus you can make it ahead of time and keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make the fresh dill dip
The only thing that comes close to prep work with this easy dip is chopping the dill and softening the cream cheese.
Now, you can soften the cream cheese by leaving it out at room temperature for a little while. Or, you can microwave it for just a few seconds like I do (because I have no patience).
Careful not to go too far, though or the cream cheese will dry out on the edges. I start with 10 seconds, and stir. Then give it another 10 seconds and stir again. That usually does it.
Use a really large bowl to make the dip so you can really get in there and stir without everything spilling over.
I use one of the large bowls in my glass nesting bowl set. These are great because there’s a size for just about everything you need.
Add all of the ingredients to the large bowl and mix well until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
Use a fork to get everything going. Then use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides, and to get to the bottom and fold the dip over while stirring.
Taste the dip and add a little salt and pepper, if needed. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until it’s chilled. Just give it a good stir before serving.
Garnish the dip with a little extra chopped dill, and serve it with your favorite chips or fresh veggies.
Looking for more appetizer ideas for your next party? Check out one of these great recipes:
- Creamy Spinach Dip
- Cold Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Baked Brie and Roasted Garlic
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Turkey Club Roll Ups
- Cuban Sliders
- Salmon Dip
- Hot Artichoke Dip
Dill Dip Recipe
- 16 ounces Sour Cream
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill chopped, plus a little for garnish if desired
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt plus a pinch or two if needed
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Dash Cayenne Pepper optional – leave it out if you don’t like spicy
Here are some great ideas for Dippers
- Broccoli florets
- Carrot sticks
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Butter crackers
- Cucumber sliced rounds or spears
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Use a fork to get everything going. Then use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides, and to get to the bottom and fold the dip over while stirring.
- Taste the dip and add a little salt and pepper, if needed.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until it’s chilled. Just give it a good stir before serving.
- Garnish the dip with a little extra chopped dill, and serve it with your favorite chips or fresh veggies.