These mini taco bites are absolutely delicious and they couldn’t be easier to make. They’re super cute and affordable too, making them a great appetizer for your next party.
In this recipe, tortilla chips are filled with refried beans and cheese, and baked until the cheese is melted. Then they’re topped with sour cream, tomatoes, black olives and green onions, perfect!
This site contains affiliate links to products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
To make these mini taco bites you will need
1 (10 ounce) Bag Scoop Shape Tortilla Chips
1 (16 ounce) Can Refried Beans
¼ cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese, finely shredded if available
¼ cup Sour Cream, use the squeeze tube for added convenience
2 Large Tomatoes, seeds and flesh removed, diced small
¼ cup Black Olives, sliced or chopped
3-4 tablespoons Green Onions, thinly sliced
Prepare the tomatoes by cutting them into quarters. Then, remove all the seeds with a spoon. Cut the tomato into strips and dice them.
Pour the refried beans in a bowl and give them a good stir so they loosen. If they are still stiff, add a teaspoon of water and heat them a little bit. This should do the trick. It will be easier to fill the cups if the refried beans are loose.
Shred the cheese, if you’re not using pre-shredded. If possible, use finely shredded cheese. Since the scoop chips are small, the finely shredded cheese will fit better.
For easy dispensing, purchase the sour cream in a squeezable container. If you can’t find that, use a plastic squeeze bottle, or add the sour cream to a zip top bag and cut off a small piece of the corner.
Preheat the oven to 300°F
Build the mini taco bites
Top the refried beans with a pinch of cheese. Bake the tortilla chips for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Finally, top each chip with a dollop of sour cream, a few tomato pieces, black olives and green onions.
It’s best to do this assembly line style, maybe recruit an extra set of hands. Dot each chip with the sour cream, then the tomatoes, and so on. Arrange the mini taco bites on a serving tray, serve and enjoy!
Makes about 50 mini taco bites
If you need more quick and easy appetizer recipes try one of these:
Mini Taco Bites
- 10 ounce Bag Scoop Shape Tortilla Chips
- 16 ounce Can Refried Beans
- ¼ cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese finely shredded if available
- ¼ cup Sour Cream use the squeeze tube for added convenience
- 2 Tomatoes seeds and flesh removed, diced small
- ¼ cup Black Olives sliced or chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons Green Onions thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- Arrange the tortilla scoop chips on a large baking sheet. Using a small scoop or spoon add about ½ - 1 teaspoon of refried beans in each tortilla chip. Leave enough room for the toppings.
- Top the refried beans with a pinch of cheese.
- Bake the tortilla chips for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Finally, top each chip with a dollop of sour cream, a few tomato pieces, black olives and green onions.
- It’s best to do this assembly line style, dot each chip with the sour cream, then the tomatoes, and so on.
- Arrange the mini taco bites on a serving tray.