If you want a simple appetizer, this hot spinach dip is really easy to make and comes together quickly. Take some help from the market by using frozen creamed spinach, instead of starting from scratch. Add some spices, mozzarella cheese and bake. Serve the spinach dip with tortilla chips and salsa. It’s perfect for impromptu get-togethers or as a game-day appetizer. Fan of spinach dips? This creamy spinach dip requires no cooking and you can even make it ahead for easy entertaining. Need more appetizers? Try this simple taco dip or this delicious cold Buffalo chicken dip. Enjoy!
10 – 12 oz. Frozen Creamed Spinach, cooked to package directions
Pinch of Dried Oregano
Pinch of Garlic Powder
½ – ¾ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Tortilla Chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350°F
Cook the creamed spinach to package directions.
When the creamed spinach is done, add it to an oven safe bowl, like a gratin dish. Top the creamed spinach with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the top with the garlic powder and dried oregano.
Place the gratin dish on a baking sheet. This will make it easier to remove from dish from the oven. Bake the spinach dip for approximately 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. If desired, switch the oven to low broil to get the cheese nice and golden brown. If you decide to do this, make sure you turn on the oven light and do not leave the oven’s side. This is important; the cheese will go from beautifully golden-brown to burnt in no time. Once you turn on the broiler it will only take 1-2 minutes. As soon as the cheese reaches the desired color, remove the baking sheet from the oven.
Serve the hot spinach dip with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Need some salsa?
Easy 3 Ingredient Salsa
14.5 oz. can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
½ cup Diced White Onion
2 tbsp. Cilantro, roughly chopped
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Black Pepper
Add the chopped tomatoes to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook the tomatoes for a few minutes. I find that heating the tomatoes gets that “canned” taste out. Take the tomatoes off the heat and allow them to cool a bit.
Add all the ingredients to a personal blender (or blender). Pulse a few times until the ingredients are combined. Chill the salsa until ready to serve.
Hot Spinach Dip
- 12 oz. Frozen Creamed Spinach cooked to package directions
- Pinch Dried Oregano
- Pinch Garlic Powder
- ¾ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 oz. Tortilla Chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cook the creamed spinach to package directions.
- Add the spinach to an oven safe bowl, like a gratin dish.
- Top the creamed spinach with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with the garlic powder and dried oregano.
- Place the gratin dish on a baking sheet. This will make it easier to remove from dish from the oven.
- Bake the spinach dip for approximately 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the spinach dip with tortilla chips.