This fresh mango salsa is light and refreshing. In this easy salsa recipe, diced mango, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro are marinated in fresh lime juice. It’s a simple recipe with no cooking involved making it perfect for summer.
In Miami mango season is a treat, they’re everywhere! You don’t even have to buy them; people give them to you. Choose a mango that is not too ripe. It should be mostly firm when pressed gently with a finger but should give just a little.
If the mango is overripe, it will be too juicy and difficult to dice. Plus, it will be too sweet. We want a slight sweetness and the mango flavor to pair with the tomatoes and onions.
Produce – A medium to large mango that is not too ripe, half a small onion (use white, yellow or red), limes for fresh lime juice, tomatoes, and cilantro.
Seasoning – This tomato mango salsa is simply seasoned with kosher salt and black pepper
Combine the onions, lime juice, tomatoes, mango, cilantro, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Make sure it is large enough that you can stir without spilling.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Serve the fresh mango salsa with tortilla chips like we do here, if desired, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
Store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days. The tomatoes, mango, and onion will release liquid so it may be necessary to drain some of it before serving.
Enjoy the salsa with tortilla chips or use it to top grilled chicken or pork chops. It’s also delicious on fish or sprinkled over a green salad.
Parsley is an excellent substitute for cilantro. Use the same preparation and amount.
Subscribe to the Newsletter for the latest recipes.
Check out the Web Story for this mango and tomato salsa for a quick visual on making this delicious recipe.
- 1 Mango peeled and diced (medium to large mango that is not too ripe)
- ⅓ cup Diced Onion – about ½ small onion use white, yellow, or red
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Medium Tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro stems removed and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Combine the onions, lime juice, tomatoes, mango, cilantro, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips. It’s also great as a topping or side for chicken, pork chops, fish, salads, or bowls.