Tuna Salad Sandwich
This tuna salad sandwich is so good and easy to make, it will make its way into your lunch and busy weekday dinner rotation.
- 12–12½ ounces White Albacore Tuna in Water drain if in a can – do not drain if in a pouch
- 2 tablespoons Finely Diced White Onion about half of a very small onion
- 2 tablespoons Finely Diced Celery about half of a celery rib, plus extra to serve on the side if desired
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Croissants for serving
- 1–1½ cup Shredded Lettuce for serving
- 2 Apples cored and sliced thin, for serving
If you’re using pouch tuna there is no need to drain it. If you’re using canned tuna, drain it but don’t leave it bone-dry.
Stir the tuna with a fork, pressing down and breaking up any chunks.
Dice the onions and the celery as finely as possible.
Add the tuna, onion, celery, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and black pepper to a large bowl. Stir the ingredients well until combined.
Taste the tuna salad and add salt, if needed. As a reference, we added a pinch of salt to ours.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate until the tuna salad is chilled.
Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 868mg | Potassium: 696mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1738IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 3mg