Southwestern Steak Soup
This southwestern steak soup is hearty, and really easy to make.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion finely diced
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 pound Beef Round cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes or to taste
- 28 ounces can Whole Tomatoes chopped
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 30 ounces Canned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Frozen Corn cooked just enough to defrost and drained
- Salt to taste
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the beef and the prepared seasoning mix. Stir well to coat the ingredients with the seasoning. Cook the beef for 3-4 until browned, stirring frequently.
Add the chopped tomatoes, beef broth, black beans and corn to the pot. Raise the heat to high and stir the soup well to combine all of the ingredients. When the soup comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Taste the soup and add salt, if needed.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1469mg | Potassium: 1288mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1690IU | Vitamin C: 21.9mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 7.8mg