Chimichurri is a sauce typically served with grilled meat. It’s a simple combination of parsley, olive oil, vinegar and spices that makes a wonderful addition to steaks, chicken and pork.
- 1 Bunch Parsley 1 cup firmly packed or 2 cups if not packed firmly
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large Garlic Clove grated or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes or to taste
Wash the parsley thoroughly and it pat dry.
Remove the large stems and keep only the leaves.
Chop the parsley as fine as possible.
Add the parsley to a medium bowl or jar. Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, dried oregano, black pepper and the crushed red pepper flakes.
Stir the chimichurri well until all of the ingredients are combined.
Refrigerate the chimichurri for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
Remove from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
Calories: 161kcal | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 389mg | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.2mg